Acknowledged differences may create mutual respect, but hazy misunderstandings bring forth nothing but prejudice and rejection.
God of life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and wear us down;
when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies gray and threatening;
when our lives have no music in them and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage.
Flood the path with light, we beseech you; turn our eyes to where the skies are full of promise
Please hear me, Girl: The world has enough women who know how to do their hair. It needs women who know how to do hard and holy things.
COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.
I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.